Question
Posted by: CS01 | 2010/07/13

Allergex

What are the long term side affects of taking an antihistamine (Allergex) daily?

I normally use it when I have bad hayfever (in summer) but the last couple of days I''ve taken 2 at night to help me fall asleep.
I normally sleep very badly, sleep very lightly and will wake up every 2 hours or so. With the Allergex I have found that it makes me sleepy enough to actually fall asleep and to have a couple of hours of deep sleep. I''m just worried about possible side effects.

Expert ImagePharmacist

The only long-term effect I'm aware of is that the effect of the antihistamine may become weaker with prolonged use as the body adapts to treatment.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/07/14

Reply to pharmacist