Question
Posted by: KARIEN | 2009/06/24

ALLERGEX

HI DOC COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE IF IT IS SAFE TO TAKE ALLERGEX ON A DAILY BASIS. I WAS PRESCRIBED DESELEX FOR SINUS TO TAKE DAILY BUT FIND THAT I STILL GET SINUS/ ALLERGIES. WHILE USING ALLERGEX I FIND THAT I AM MUCH BETTER - AND HAVE STOPPED THE DESELEX. I ALSO HAVE A CORTISONE NASAL SPRAY I USE EACH MORNING. CAN I KEEP ON USING ALLERGEX - NORMALLY 1 IN THE MORN AND 1 AT NIGHT OR IS IT NOT GOOD TO USE ON A LONGTERM BASIS. THANKING YOU KINDLY

Dear Karien
You can use the allergex fairly longterm - one just tends to get used to it - so now and then you need to switch to another kind of antihistamine like Loratidine for a month or two and then you can probably go back to the Allergex again.