Posted by: gran | 2010-12-03

The mother of my 2 1/2 year old grandson is out of contact right now and has left a bottle of allecet syrup 5mg with me to use for him, but on the web all I can find is that it is an ordinary antihistamine. He often and currently has a runny nose (not green) and has had a chesty cough since birth (he was premature). The cough is good and loose right now. There has been some speculation as to whether he is asthmatic, but I see no asthma meds here. Should I give him 5ml of this syrup daily? (no package insert here). Should I give him 2 1/2 ml twice a day? I do not want to dose him unnecessarily but do not want him to get worse.

Allecet syrup is for allergic reactions that respond to antihistamine use, for instance allergic sinusitis and urticaria. You can start with a 2 1/2 ml once daily in the morning. If the product cause drowsiness or sleepiness, you should rather give the medication at night.

Posted by: gran | 2010-12-04

never mind

Reply to gran