Posted by: Emma | 2009-02-26

All these names.....

Hi CS,

I am so sorry to read bad news about your Durban flat. Nobody needs those problems in life.
I noticed the other day that on my script from my shrink it says: Specialist Psychiatrist. Can you tell me what that means. I have only known of psychiatrist or psychologist before now.
I just want to add that my meds has helped me a whole lot over the last three months - I have even started exercising - something I have not done in over 4 years. I do still get " down days"  but generally I feel good.

Thank you for your time.

Interesting question, Emma, bu in fact it has no special significance. Everyone who is properly trained and qualified as a psychiatrist is a Specialist, just as a Dermatologist or Surgeon is a specialist. Pleased o hea your meds have ben helping, and that you have been starting exercise --- I hope to do that again, too, before too long ! After a major depression, one often forgets what it's like to be normal, but that includes having some days that aren't as good as others.