Question
Posted by: Susan | 2011-01-07

All the doctors tell me about K.I.S.S, and I''m not helped!!!!

Hi Doc!

Every time I ask for advice on this site, Doc you always give the best advice, I trust that you gonna give me one even today.
I have a problem with burping all the time ( and discomfort), whether I have eaten or not. At times my tummy becomes very big (filled with air), I would find it difficult to breathe.

Whenever I go to different doctors asking them to refer me to a Gastro enterologist for gastroscopy, they all think they can solve the problem, but eventually they dont, now I dont know what to do, they all tell me about KEEP IT SMALL AND SIMPLE. The other one shouted me and told me if I''m insisting that I want to do gastroscopy, he can refer me and then i will die there and not wake up as the procedure is risky.

Doctor what can I do in order to do this gastroscopy as this stomach problem has been troubling me for more than five years now. I''m so frustrated!!

Susan

If you have medical aid, you can go straight to your nearest private hospital and make an appointment with a gastroenterologist yourself. You do not have to be referred by a doctor. The procedure is not risky at all. If you are a state patient, you should rather consult a private gastroenterologist.