Posted by: just me | 2009-01-19

I got flu and was prescribes ati-biotics
(strated the 5 day course last Monday).

Last Friday a pimply rash started up on my face and now it is all over my face right down to my neck and shoulders! It is very itchy!!!

I went to the chemist on Sunday (yesterday) and he game me antihistamine and a cream to put on - but this has not seemed to have helped at all :-(

What could have caused this (is it the antibiotics?) and what can be done to get rid of it as its very sore and itchy and looks terrible!!!

Expert ImagePharmacist

It is possible that the antibiotics may have caused it. However, the fact that the antihistamine is not clearing it, is worrying. I'd suggest seeing a doctor, and in the meanwhile swith to an oral antihistamine such as DESELEX.

Good luck!