Question
Posted by: susan | 2012/01/11

All or nothing

I try to eat healthy ( i actually enjor healthy options of food) but sometimes i do crave a piece of chcoclate or something . but if i eat one piece of chocloate then i binge eat until i get sick , i just dont get it cos i dont really enjoy the junk food anyway . im not over weight the problem is that this cant carry on as i noticed im getting worse and i just need some tips to manage this as i fear it will turn into a full blown disorder ( if it hasnt already) . I wqas on overweight child , but since about 19 ( now 25) i took control of my life and this problem started about 2 years ago.

I did go on a hectic gym and strict eating for a year or two and not sure if thats what triggered this . Because now i find if im going to gym im a lot better .

Please assist i cant go see someone

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Susan,
I suggest that the first step you take is to consult with a dietician (or enquire through the DietDoc forum) on what ally healthy eating is. Although you are not necessarily describing a full eating disorder, you need to consider that moderate quantities of foods like chocolate and crisps need to be accepted as part of a normal and healthy eating plan. If you deny yourself treats, you will likely reach a point where your need for such "forbidden fruit" becomes insatiable.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: eating Disorders Expert | 2012/01/19

Hi Susan,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to eating Disorders Expert