Question
Posted by: new | 2009/11/19

All new

I' m starting a new job in december. It' s lots of hard work and lots of studying inbetween and I' m nervous as he11. I' ve always been in " safe"  admin positions, earning a small salary but at least getting something out at the end of every month.
And I haven' t studied in 14 years - hmmm.
All I wanna do is drink.
And I cannot drink alcohol, I' m bipolar and it interferes with my meds very badly. I go off the rails.
What am I doing? I know I need to take a risk, but I' m getting really really anxious. Seriously anxious.
I need to calm down and be positive right? How?

Well, now you may earn more financially, and surely will earn far more inbterms of experience, skills and knowledge. alcohol is bad for bipolar, for depression, for learning, and for coping - it helps nobody to cope, it just temporarily hides the fact that you're not coping.
Stop focussing on all the bad possibilities you can think of, and focus instead on the advantages and opportunities, and let yourself enjoy those

1