Question
Posted by: SALTY | 2009/12/02

ALL BRAN

Can I rather have yoghurt on my all bran that milk, I love low fat yoghurt eat it on potato or roast veg or over my fruit.
some diets suggests 50 grams all bran or half cup, but that is really very little for breakfast, I will never hold out until 10 or 11 oclock and then have my fruit, my problem is that I am constantly hungry, so I nibble on rice cakes made with corn. I have 6kg to loose, but i really dont want to starve myself.

Dear Salty
You can certainly substitute low-fat or fat-free yoghurt for fat-free or low-fat milk. If you find that half a cup of All Bran is not sufficient to keep you from getting hungry, then increase the portion slightly. Adding half a cup of low-fat yoghurt should lower the GI of the meal and keep you satisfied for longer. Rather nibble Provitas with fat-free cottage cheese because this type of snack also had a lower GI than the rice cakes, and will keep you satisfied for longer.

1

Dear Salty