Question
Posted by: Anxiety and Depression increased by Scam | 2011-02-22

Alice

I have been suffering from depression for many years. Recently i took up the services of an alternative medicine clinic to help with this. Every time i go i feel pressurised into paying for more services and getting more ''''herbal'''' remedies. I have now paid so much to this place, that I feel constantly anxious and cant concentrate. I dont have much confidence or assertiveness and cant say no when they ask me to get ''''more services''''. This is just increasing my stress, anxiety and depression. It looks like they may even be a scam as lots of other people feel the same way. What can i do to get out of this situation, I feel i cant cope in it anymore. I cant talk to anyone about it

Sorry to hear of this scam - "alternative" medicine is not regulated and people can make any unproved claims they like. Don't buy anything more from them, and don't take their quack remedies. YOu have paid too much for their ineffective remedies already, don't throw more good money after bad. Just say NO, and have nothing whatsoever more to do with them. If they pursue you at home ( unlikely ) tell them if you hear any more from them you will report them to the authorities.
That you have already paid in advance for the next 2 months is not relevant. NO proper treatment clinic would make you pay in advance in that way - and that money is already wasted - taking more useless treatment won't help at all.
Then see a proper psychiatrist or at least a good GP for a fresh and genuine assessment and a discussion of effective treatment options.
Stopping the quack remedies alone may help.

5
Posted by: Alice | 2011-02-23

Thanks Cybershrink and Easy :-)
Im feeling less anxious already!

Reply to Alice

Posted by: Easy | 2011-02-22

Advice still stands, it is not working and makes matters worse. Just walk away. You will loose your money but gain peace of mind.
See a proper shrink as soon as u can.

Reply to Easy
Posted by: Alice | 2011-02-22

I would like to stop going but have paid for services for the next two months. I hate having to think about this

Reply to Alice
Posted by: Easy | 2011-02-22

Stop going. Change your tel no/cell/email.
It is unlikely they will pay a house call. Problem solved.

Reply to Easy