Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/02/08

alergy or not?

Good day, I hope you will be able to help me,

I have a 5yr old duaghter that seems to be alergic to mosquito bites, when she gets bitten it swels up to the sise of about a pea and it is very red and warm and it stays itchy for a few days or sometimes weeks, she also does not only get bitten once but a few times in a night.

at this stage ist looks so bad i am wondering if the school will start thinking that i am abusing her cause she scratces it open and it is almost like on on top of the other, i do put stop itch on it but she still keeps scratching and i have that plug in thing and i do put it in about an hour before she goes to bed put she still gets bitten every morning she has a new bite mark or a few, now i do spray her room with target and close the door for a few minutes and open it an half an hour before she goes to bed, I dont know what els to do. If it is any help i have also realised that she is sensitive to dog or cats as her eyes gets red and her nose itchy when she comes into contact with them

thanks in advance

Hallo Linda
My daughter was just as allergic to mozzies - still is - I found that mixing Bactroban with Phenergan/Anthisan, putting a thick blob of this mixture on, and closing it up for 24 hours with a bandaid, worked best. Put the electronic mosquito destroyer in but also spray her with Tabard, or wipe with Citronella wipes ( you'll find at outdoor shops) I gave up and bought a mosquito net and she slept under that most of the time when younger. You can ask your doctor for Zyrtec prescription for the allergy to cats and dogs to take as needed.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/08

Hallo Linda

Reply to cyberdoc