Question

Aleister Crowley

Don''t know if you know about him, but if you do, would you say he was he a misunderstood genius, or a lunatic occultist?

Nothing even faintly resembling a genius, lunatic occultist poseur sounds closer to it. Achieved nothing worthwhile in his long life. Like many who claim to have been a misunderstood genius, his major problem was not being misunderstood, but being understood.

10

Well, what a discussion this was. Thanks to everyone for their input. And Jimi Fan, I''ll go and check out this Jimy Page guy, if he was such a genius and famous guitar player, I''m ashamed to have never heard of him. Dunno which era he was popular in, but I''m 27 now, so I think it might have been before my time. Maybe I''ll discover a new jewel to hold on to in a still unfimaliar guy called Jimi Page. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Regards, A.

Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/18

Vaal Donkie, Please do not quote a poem about the god Pan as a description of AC. That is misinformation as poetry is rarely about the poet

I spoke to a student of occultism. Here is some advice. Stay away from AC unless you have studied occultism comprehensively, he deliberately misleads novices.

Jimi Page is off course good reading as is Richard Bandler. Israel Regardie is a better introduction for classic occultism and Phil Hine for modern occultism.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Jimi fan | 2011/02/18

Jimi Page is DEFINATELY a genius. He is a guitar player/producer and song writer who played for one of the best rock bands ever - Led Zeppelin. He is also regarded as one of the best electric guitar players ever. Rather do some research on Jimi Page, his legacy is far superior to AC''s.

Reply to Jimi fan
Posted by: Vaal Donkie | 2011/02/17

" I rape and I rave, and I rip and I rend" . That quote says more about him than you would ever need to know.

Reply to Vaal Donkie
Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/17

And the same, no offence meant. AC is a delicate subject and should not be attempted by the too serious. I''m sure you''ll find a lot of things he has to say/ had believed rather strange, with a hint of the showman, and a little bit of truth. Interesting in the way the marquise de sade is interesting. One has to be prepared to delve into your own dark side just to understand. So not good reading for a novice or a realist.

Reply to Woman

All I''m thinking is that some of what he said would be really enticing and I could see how it could lure people in. I just came accross his name somewhere, and this guy Jimmy Page, whoever he is, said that a lot of things he wrote seem to reallise as time goes on. So I just went and read up on the subject a little. Didn''t mean any disrespect towards CS, was just an honest question, is all.

Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/17

This, anon, is not at all a subject to discuss on CS.

Reply to Woman

So Woman, what is the other side to you?

Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/17

In my opinion he was a drug addled, sex crazed, chauvinistic megalomaniac.

But... there''s also the other side...

Reply to Woman