Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2009/08/12

Alcoholism

My husband is a serious alcoholic. We have been married for 13 yrs, have 2 kidz, aged 8 and 12. I need advice on how to live with an alcoholic. He will not stop drinking! Please help!

There is an organization related to AA, called AlAnon, and your local AA ofice should be able to tell you where the nearest branch to you might be, which specially focusses on helping and supporting the spouse and family of an alcoholic, recognizing that this is a very difficult situation. Treatment for alcoholism can be usefulm, but only when the individual genuinely and sincerely WANTS to change. Stopping alcohol is rather easy --- staying stopped is the difficult bi.