Question
Posted by: Julie | 2012/02/01

Alcoholic Husband

Please give advice on how best to deal with an alcoholic husband

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Julie,

There is a reason that alcoholism is called a 'family disease'. When the alcoholic drinks it not only affects himself but those around him. Family members are often the ones that suffer the most due to the alcoholics drinking.

I would suggest that you arrange an assessment at an Addiction Treatment Centre to assess the severity of his alcoholism.

there are also support groups for family members of alcoholics. Al-Anon will be able to guide you in your own journey of recovery.

Regards,
Karen

2
Posted by: Gessika | 2012/03/10

in September, I took an online scorue through the University of British Columbia called Is the Past Present- International Indigenous Experiences of Colonization''. It was ana0excellent scorue that discussed colonization and the experience of Indigenous Peoples

Reply to Gessika
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2012/02/28

Dear Julie,

Regards,
Karen

Reply to Addictions expert