Question
Posted by: Penny | 2010/02/05

alcoholic boyfriend

My boyfriend wants to stop, but does' nt know how to , he keeps trying to just stop on his own, and it does' nt work, he' s been drinking since 12 years and says its the only thing that makes him feel better, and yet he admits he feels like he' s going mad, violent aggressive, suicidal, wants to give up, feels worthless , hopeless, he' s very tired. He is 25 years old the men in his family father and grandfather brothres all alcoholics and drug abusers,
what must he do, he lives in Newlands Jhb, where can he go, and what can he do, what medicine must he take, he does work
but he has started to miss days which he never did before, I' ve known him for five years, he could be bi polar, he could be anything at this piont, where does he start his road to recovery, ho does' nt have much money, I do understand he has to want to, but please advise me so that I can advise him, he has no-one to help and encourage him so I would like to give him some kind of direction and plan which I need from you, my heart is breaking
watching him suffer so much and I' m helpless to know what must he do

Expert ImageArchive

You say that your boyfriend doesn't have much money, yet there's always enough money to booze and party. Strange that, isn't it?

You also surmise that he might be bipolar, but drinking heavily will certainly not help his mood swings.

Don't worry about fancy psychological terms right now. He needs to stop drinking and he needs help. Simple as that.

If he can't stop drinking he is an alcoholic. This is not something to be ashamed.

He needs help quickly, because alcoholism left untreated will end in jails, institutions and ultimately death.

There is no time to play around. He must phone Harmony Clinic ASAP and discuss treatment options which will save his life.

We are not talking about a little cold or a slight headache, we are discussing life and death issues here.

Contact Nicholas on Tel: 021 790 7779 or email him on nicholasmcdiarmid@harmonyclinic.co.za

PS Penny, we suggest that you, too, should try and join a support group as it will be vital in helping your boyfriend in his recovery. Please discuss with Nicholas as well.

2
Posted by: From Harmony Clinic: Correction to email address | 2010/02/05

Hello Penny

That email address should be nicholas.mcdiarmid

Reply to From Harmony Clinic: Correction to email address
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/02/05

Reply to Addictions expert forum