Question
Posted by: Help needed urgently | 2010/06/16

Alcoholic?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my letter. My daughter was molested at her pre-school 4 years ago. Afterwards I started getting panic-attacks. I was put on a anti-depressent (I am currently on Cymbalta 30mg) and was also given Xanor. When the attacks were under control I stopped taking the Xanor. BUT then I started drinking wine. All very innocent. It started with just a glass a day. My husband works away from home and only comes home during weekends. When my daughter goes to bed I end up drinking a bottle of wine by myself every night. Now I have difficulty in not wanting to drink every day. Please can you help me? I have also gained 15kg and is not happy at all. I come from a home where my mom used to drink medication and alcohol and I NEVER used to drink because of this. Because I know how it affected me as a child and now I am doing the excact same thing. I really do not want the same for my daughter. Would you be so kind as to recommend some one that can assist me please. Like a psycologist. I live in the west rand. Thank you again.

Expert ImageArchive

Addiction is a family disease which often rears its ugly head after a traumatic event. Addicts cannot use their will power to stop and often need professional help or treatment.

Please contact Harmony Clinic on 021 790 7779 or e-mail karen@harmonyclinic.co.za as we will most definately be able to help.

Please know that you are not alone in this!

3
Posted by: Vic | 2010/06/24

Please feel free to contact Harmony Clinic for a free assessment. You can either e-mail karen @harmonyclinic.co.za or call us on 021 790 7779.

Reply to Vic
Posted by: Addictions Expert Forum | 2010/06/24

Reply to Addictions Expert Forum
Posted by: Alcoholic | 2010/06/17

Reply to Alcoholic