Posted by: debbie | 2010-03-08

alcohol during early pregnancy

Hi doc

About a week before i found out i was pregnant i went out partying with my friends and consumed a lot of hard alcohol like tequila and stuff. i think i''m about 3/ 4 weeks preganant. I have since stopped all in take of alcohol.
will my baby be affected by the alcohol?

See below

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-09

See below

Posted by: purple | 2010-03-08

I think this happens to a lot of people, and most babies are born fine without FAS.

It all depends on the stage of development your baby was at at the time you had the alcohold, and there is no safe limit of alcohol, and whether it was beer, wine or neat whiskey doesn''t make any difference either.

There is a far bigger chance that everything is fine.
There are many, many women who this happen to and everythign is just fine with their babies.

Reply to purple