Posted by: Lile | 2009-06-12

Alcohol consumption and antibiotics.

I have just started taking doxycycline to treat mild acne and would like to find out how safe it is to consume alcohol while on the antibiotic.

Unfortunately, it is not safe to consume alcohol while on this treatment. Please remember that doxycycline can also cause severe sun sensitivity.

Obviously the doc will know better, but I did some research around this and various doctors said that you can consume alcohol, but its not recommended as it can reduce the effects of the antibiotics. What is the point of taking the antibiotics then? It also depends what the antibiotic contain as it can have negative effect. Just my 2cents :)