Question
Posted by: Savannah | 2009/09/25

Alcohol consumption

Good Morning Doc,

Trust you are well,

My hubbie went for an operation (hiatal hernia and diaphgrammatic hernia repair) on the 1st of Sept 2009.

We are off for a short holiday next week. I wanted to find out if he may consume alchol (moderately) during this time.

Thanks and Take care

Dear Savannah
In view of the large operation your hubby has had, I would recommend that he should not drink any alcohol until his surgeon gives permission. One should not irritate the tissues that are healing by intake of alcohol and the liver which is recovering from the anaesthetic, should also not be overtaxed.
Enjoy your holiday!