Question
Posted by: Ryno | 2008/09/08

Alcohol and training

I train 6 times a week, eat fairly correct and use various protein shakes, meal replacements etc. I have 2-3 classes of wine every day. Am I wasting my time training hard and following a healthy diet?

That's a pretty high volume - the recommendation is 250ml a day, you're likely getting 600ml a day on average. So I'd look at that. It's never a case of wasting your time, of course, because it's not as though you're undoing your training by drinking this much wine. But it's something that is easy to control (not enjoyable, perahps, but an obvious area where you can improve) and so perhaps you might consider making that change. Diet complements training, and so if you can optimize it, then why not?