Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/08/28

Alcohol (alternative?)

I can stick to a healthy eating plan but if i have a drink even one _ it feels that i lose control eat chocolate carbs esp during pms this cycle gets worse. I am desperate to lose weight. What should i do for we have a hectic social life? What do other readers do?

Dear Kasandra
To prevent yourself from falling into the trap that opens up each time you drink alcohol, you will have to avoid it all together (this will immediately have a positive effect on your weight because each gram of alcohol contains 29 kJ!). When socialising you can drink cold drinks sweetened with non-nutritive sweeteners, soda water with a dash of mixer like lime juice or cola tonic or a twist of lemon and lots of ice or diluted fruit juices. Also make your fruit drinks last longer by alternating with a glass of water. You can't drink alcohol and lose weight because you then start binging on all kinds of high-energy foods like chocolate. You can eat ordinary carbs, without the added fat, because carbs contain 16 kJ per gram while fat contains 37 kJ per gram (quite a difference). So ordinary carbs are not the enemy!
Hang in there

1
Posted by: j-j | 2008/09/02

I drink 3 - 4 glasses of wine every evening!
Can I lose weight? (weekends more!)

Reply to j-j