Posted by: dee | 2010-10-31

Dear Doc .....just wanted to find out from you...everytime i drink an alcoholic drink i get Diarrhea ,,,after my first drink i need to go to the toilet to relieve myself...Is there something wrong with me ? because ive tried different alcoholic beverages and they all give me the same symptoms....please help

Hallo Dee
Alcohol reduces the fluid that your bowel can absorb. Alcohol is absorbed in the intestine cells, the toxicity causes these cells to lose their ability to absorb water, which leads to an outpouring of fluid from the intestinal lining, causing diarrhoea. You may be very sensitive to alcohol.

Posted by: M | 2010-10-31

Perhaps it''s a sign that you shouldn''t be having alcohol. I''m not a regular drinker and find that when i have the occasional drink that my stomach is upset the following day. It''s not diarrhea, but upset. I look at it as a blessing in disguise. :-)

Reply to M