Question
Posted by: Peggy | 2008/09/01

Alchol use and diet tablets

I have been taking diet tablets (Relislim) for a month or two to lose weight for a holiday. I have also done a fair amount of drinking (alcohol) over the last few weeks due to weddings, holiday and functions. Now I suspect that I may be pregnant. I am only due to start my period tomorrow so I think it is too early to do a test. I am however so stressed that I might be pregnanct and I am worried about the effects of the diet tablets and the alcohol on the fetus (if there is one). Do you think I need to be be worried about the diet tablets and the alcohol I have drank of late? I would only be in my forth week of pregnancy now if I am pregnant? PLease help

You are right to worry about the risk, but wait until you know for sure before making any further plans.

2
Posted by: x | 2008/09/01

Hi Peggie
You can do a blood test so long it will be accurate if you can' t wait for your period. I am not to sure about the implications but my guess is the abby would be fine. Just relax and wait till you know for sure and in the meantime i guess it will be safer to stay away from alcohol and the diet tablets(i am sure you do that already) just remember if you are pregnant the stress is more likely to have a bigger effect on the fetus as the other stuff. I am sure mother nature intended for us to find out " later"  that we are pregnant for a reason and also that the fetus will be protected by a miracle till the time we find out we are pregnant then from there it is up to us to take care of ourselfes and the little baby growing inside, So just relax and keep us posted on the pregnancy test. All will be great just have faith and believe it ok

Reply to x
Posted by: anon | 2008/09/01

Hi Peggie i also used relislim at the time i found out i was pregnant about 4 weeks and doc told me not to worry as there are sertain diet tablets which you should be concerned about but i cant remember the names i am now 24 weeks as far as the alcohol is concerned i really have no idea

Reply to anon