Question
Posted by: Max | 2010-01-11

Alchohol problem with family members

I am very worried. Both my father and brother in law drinks alot. When my father comes from work he starts to drink and gets drunk really quickly. He takes medicine for hyptension, diabetes and cholesterol. Though I love him very very much, it irretates me to hell and back to see his that way. Though he is not violent at all, it' s every day' s thing and I get fed up with him acting the way he does when he' s drunk. It actually also influences how I feel about him when he' s sober during the day. Everything he does starts to drive me nuts.

Concerning my brother in law. He gets violent, takes his two boys and drives off sometimes but mostly alone, going to clubs, bars, starts or take part in fights, I don' t want to even go into the women he' s with and what exacly happens. He drives recklessly, gets voilent towards his kids and his wife. Other than my father, he drinks right throughout the day when he' s at home, he starts before his family awakes.

I don' t know what to do. I believe they def have a problem with alcohol and don' t know when to stop. But what bugs me is the reclessness of the brother in law coming to his kids, wive and pets.

I have never liked alcohol and have started to get a deep hate feeling towards it and avoid any social gathering where it' s included.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Max

Al-Anon is a support group that can help you deal with these specific problems.

Just remember, there is hope. Please see the information below. Should you have no luck, please call me directly on Tel: 021 791-7779 or email me at herman@harmonyclinic.co.za

They also have a website: http://www.alanon.org.za/

Al-Anon Family Groups offer understanding, help and support to the families of problem drinkers. We are a fellowship of relatives and friends who share our experience, strength and hope in order to solve common problems. We believe that alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.

Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization or institution; does not engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self supporting through its own voluntary contributions, plus the sale of our Conference-approved literature.

Meetings are free, anonymous and confidential. Our primary purpose is to help families of problem drinkers.

We understand as few others can. Your enquiry is confidential and anonymous. If you are concerned about someone's drinking, we encourage you to browse our web site for more information about our program.

Get in touch with us:

Call us on: 0861 25 26 66 or Email us on : help@alanon.org.za

3
Posted by: Sandy | 2010-01-31

Where can I buy implants for an alcohol abuser. Antiabuse tablets don' t help, he stops taking them and they are very, very expensive and hard to obtain in our small town. We, his parents, are pensioners and he does not work, (keeps boozing himself out of the jobs he gets, and everytime its more difficult because his reputation is " shot" )

I am sick and tired of his nonsence, he does dagga and goodness knows what els as well. He has been refused entry to our house, and his siblings and father want nothing to do with him, so he now lives in a small outside room in a friends yard.

I' m not happy with the situation but I' m at witts end!!

I cannot find suppliers on the net, maybe I' m looking in the wrong place?

Please help!!

Thank' s
Sandy

Reply to Sandy
Posted by: Herman Lategan | 2010-01-15

Hello Max

We will be replying to your problem by this afternoon.

Reply to Herman Lategan
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010-01-15

Dear Max

Get in touch with us:

Reply to Addictions expert forum