Question
Posted by: Johan | 2010-10-01

Alchahol Abuse but no Liver Damage???????????

I am a little sceptical about a Liver sonar I had a few days ago.
Firstly I am a alcaholic whom consumes large ammount of alchol on a daily basis. Due to this I resonned that it might be a very good idea to have my Liver checked out, I went to the radiology deperment witha letter from my doctor to have a liver sonar,
The results was that tere is absolutely no damage to my liver? It looks " Normal"  according to the report?

Do you think it could be a mistake? The doc that did the scan did say to me that genetics do play a part in these type of deseases?

Johan

Yes, genetics do play a part in your susceptibility to form liver scerosis. Liver scerosis is an end stage disease of chronic alcohol abuse. The liver sonar will not show what is happening on a cellular basis. If there is no apparent damage on the ultrasound, it unfortunately, does not mean that on a cellular basis there is no severe damage. Rather stop drinking while you are still ahead.

1
Posted by: Loren | 2010-10-01

You could just be lucky that there is no damage yet. Try to get help for your alcolhol addiction before it does cause damage.

Reply to Loren