Question
Posted by: Lumpy | 2008/06/10

Albany Low GI Bread (White) - Is this ok

HI there,
Yesterday i found Albany's Low GI bread, must be new as i have never seen it before. I am on a low GI diet, and dont eat bread as i dont really like brown/whole wheat, but now i found this new LOw GI bread which is white. Is this ok, or does it make the difference been white or brown even though its both Low GI.
THanks

Dear Lumpy
Albany have developed a technique of baking bread with a white colour that contains all the dietary fibre and nutrients found in brown bread known as "The Best of Both". From what you say, Albany have now also brought out a low-GI bread that has low-GI properties but is white in appearance. They have probably lowered the GI of the bread by adding fibre and/or soy proteins, so you can certainly use it on a low-GI diet.
Enjoy

3
Posted by: Pete | 2008/08/08

Can I buy Albany bread in Port Alfred SA. Sasko seems to have the market in our shops

Peter Hawkins

Reply to Pete
Posted by: Doughy | 2008/07/23

Can anyone tell me the Glycemic Index value of the Albany Low GI breads? The website does not supply a lot of information.

Reply to Doughy
Posted by: Dumbass | 2008/06/10

A bread wouldnt be marked and endorsed by the Low Gi Foundation as Low, if it isnt Low GI! That is logical!

Reply to Dumbass