Question
Posted by: JD | 2011/06/20

Airlines Air Pressure

Hi There

I had lung infection and hospitalised few weeks ago.I am not sure the effect that the air pressure in the plane will have on me when I travel next week.Any medical advice on this.

Hi JD

It can do - it's more the recirculation of air than the pressure, in my experience and information. The problem is you're in a contained cabin for 10, 11 hours, and so you're exposed to the same air. It's also air-conditioned, which affects some people. So sports teams, for example, sometimes carry humidifiers, because the air is dry and cool, which can affect the breathing.

you might want to just cover your mouth and nose, improvise a 'humidifier" of your own by breathing through material (a scarf, for example) if you can.

Good luck!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/06/30

Hi JD

Good luck!

Reply to fitnessdoc