Question

Aircon / Fan in gym

Hi there,

I know this isn' t about the workplace...

I go to gym every day (diabetes so I have to) and do cardio exercise. The gym where I go does not have an aircon / fan / window that I can open

I find exercising excrutiating as it' s very, very, very hot. I find that I cannot exercise as long as I' d like to because the heat in there is just unbearable

Isn' t it unhygenic for a place such as a gym not to have any sort of ventilation? Are they allowed to do this?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Complain to management they have a legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy environment, including adequate and healthy ventilation.