Posted by: Kobus Venter | 2011-10-14

Hi Doc. Please help. My mother has been positively diagnosed with HIV/Aids and recently got kidney cancer and also suffers from alcoholism. She is currently staying her boyfriend who is assaulting her physically and emotionally but she has no where to go. I''m currently not in a position to take her in and I don''t know of anybody else who is trustworthy enough for her to go stay with. She is willing to undergo rehabilitation for the alcohol problem. Is there a place where she can go where they will care for her which is state subsidized? Alternatively please refer to me someone/place who could assist me. Thank you so much.

I suggest that you contact your nearest Hospice for assistance. Your closest hospital will be able to provide you with details.