Question
Posted by: boo hoo | 2010-09-17

ai tog

I have been seperated for a year and a half. I am not looking for a relationship, but in this time I have met 2 people who have swept me off my feet, unfortunately its not a mutual feeling. I have ended up feeling so down, depressed and battle to get over the feeling of " not being good enough"  " pretty enough"  " sexy enough"  " rich enough" . Its not that there is no one interested, but those that are, im not interested. Im ok on my own, but these two incidents hit me like a ton of bricks and i battle for months to get over it!

Interesting, not so ?, that getting swept off one's feet is usually not a great contribution to one's well-being. IF people are not really sincere, or only temporarily sincere, in their interest in you, it tends to then flare up yout private insecurities, because it feels as though it is all about you, when the ending of the affair is often mainly about them.
If the feet sweeper keeps their own footing firmly throughout it, its probably about them wanting to have this effect, without getting duly emotionally involved themselves.

6

Posted by: boo hoo | 2010-09-17

thanx Lin - good advice

Reply to boo hoo
Posted by: boo hoo | 2010-09-17

it just takes over my life for so long and its like i dont function properly! but thanx im glad im not alone!

Reply to boo hoo
Posted by: Lin | 2010-09-17

Think of it this way: You want the person that you meet to also feel " swept off his/her feet" 
If that person just feels so-so about you, then you will get hurt in the long run.
Don''t feel down about this - it just shows you that you have met people and you do have the opportunity to meat that special person!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Robbie | 2010-09-17

very true you are not alone, but as long as you try to cope, you will make it everyday

Reply to Robbie
Posted by: lol | 2010-09-17

Don''t feel alone, trust me their are many more like you/us. Always the same damn story, the ones you like aren''t interested, the ones that like you - you aren''t interested in. It''s like a sick joke. But I share your feelings and what you said 100%, and I by the way are also happily single.

Reply to lol