Question
Posted by: Alley | 2008/09/09

AI &  Flu medication

I recently had AI done, simutaneaously I got really sick with flu symphantoms. I saw a GP who prescribed mild medication. A week later I began to weaZe. Shortness of breath. I saw my home GP, who then prescribed cortizone with antibiotics. Now I have 2 question, how does the flu influence the sucess of the AI &  Should I take the Cortizone which I haven t taken.

Dear Alley

Generally having a flu would not influence the success rate of artificial insemination. If your doctor has prescribed cortisone then I suggest that you take it, this will not necessarily also influence your success of the AI if a very short course of cortisone is taken.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo