Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2012/02/16

AI

I did an AI two weeks ago. It was worse than I expected.
I have been having sore breasts and minor cramps. Did a test yesterday (4 days before period) and negative.
I read on the internet that the symptoms are from the hormone''s they gave.
Please can I hear some success stories as I am so depressed about not getting pregnant and the thought of going through an AI again.

Dear Jackie

It is true that in cases were hormonal stimulation has been used the symptoms may be worse than under natural normal circumstances. However it also indicates that ovulation may have occurred and therefore your chance of success in subsequent cycles may be better than expected.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

5
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/02/28

Dear Jackie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert

Dear Jackie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Bee | 2012/02/16

Yes, hubbies sperm morphology is low. 8%, and it should be more than 15%.

Infertility is such a miserable journey and then on top of that you have to go through treatments, like IA, aswell. It has a major impact on the finances and also on your emotions.

I know that you probably don''t want to hear this, but at least you have a child, but I also know that you desperately want another one. It is very sad and I sometimes wonder why..........

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Jackie | 2012/02/16

Only 10% of my husband''s sperm basically " works" 
When we did the AI two weeks ago, there was only R 2 million sperm which is very low if you think a normal man has R 20 million.
Luckily I have a have a 4 year old, we also struggled to conceive for 11 months.
We have been trying more than 2 years now.
Have you gone for any tests?

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: Bee | 2012/02/16

Hi there Jackie,

I feel your pain. I haven''t had an AI before, but I am also struggling to fall pregnant. It has been 11 months now  -(

My sister-in-law also struggled. She doesn''t have her period at all - her body thinks that she is in menopause, and she is 28 years old. Her husband also had a problem with low sperm count and morphology.

They went for AI and fell preggies with a beautiful baby girl.

It is very depressing, I know..... and I wish that I could say something to make you feel better, but I can''t.

What is preventing you guys from conceiving, if I may ask?

Reply to Bee