Question
Posted by: VN | 2010/02/17

AI

I had AI done Last tuesday on day 15. I am now on day 23, and i have to wait until day 28 tot ake the blood test. A few days after the AI, my breat started feeling saw, my nipples saw and erect. I only felt nausea 2 and vomitted once, waking up nauseas. I had alot of cramping from day 19 to 21. Today my nipples and breast wa snot so saw, i had no cramping, but when i pressed my breast and nipplease, a few minutes later by breast started again. I' m eating more then usual, but haven' t put on any weight, and yet i' n constipated, and very full of gas. I' m very tired, and go to bed very early, but wake up alot during the night feeling very anxious.

Is this normal and a sign of being pregnant? Also do you have pregnancy symptoms every day or can it be every other day?

Dear VN

The symptoms that you describe are not specific to pregnancy and can occur under different circumstances such as hormonal imbalances and also in association with other intestinal related problems as well. Furthermore the timing of the symptoms that you have described is incorrect for pregnancy since pregnancy symptoms occur later when the pregnancy hormone Beta HCG becomes significantly elevated. At the stage you described your symptoms are most likely due to the increase in progesterone levels, which accompany ovulation and demonstrates an increased sensitivity of your body to progesterone.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/22

Dear VN

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert