Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012/01/11

Ahoy!

Hi Cybie

Hope you had a great Christmas and Joyful New Year. Bang we are moving and shaking again in 2012.

Lets all make this year a positive one.

Pregnancy still going good. Now 22 weeks and everything going as it should.

Being pregnant has really put a lot of things in perspective for me. Getting back into a healthy fit state of mind and just putting someone elses need in front of yours always.

Not going to lie and say the weight gain has always been easy so weird but normal how your body changes and expands.

My husbands dad is in a smiliar situation as my great aunt last year, he had strokes and now can hardly do anything for himself. Its very sad and hard for my husband. My husband never talks about how he feels, should I ask and drag it out of him or give him space to talk to me himself when his ready?

All in all everything going great, really enjoyed the festive season even thou I didnt have leave. Saving it for when the little one is here.

So far so good.

Hi Kas, Sounds like you're handling the situation well. Interesting how putting someone else's needs first can actually promote your needs as well. Some of us, maybe especially men, really have difficulty discussing our feelings. Not only by habit or training, but some actually have difficulty even when they want to do so, to find words to communicate feelings. So best to make it very clear you appreciate how hard this situation must be for him, and are glad to talk about this with him when he wishes to do so.
SOunds like a good Festive Season, too. I really prefer Pretoria, for instance, during the period when most of the annoying folks have rushed off to bother the unfortunate folks in Durban and Cape Town - the city here is so much quieter and more peaceful.

3
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012/01/11

Oh dear, Yes Dispute you are Right. I ment to say in THIS SITUATION with his father dying.

I ment he never talks in THIS situation about how he feels.

I am pregnant and have pudding brain and didnt re-read my post didnt try to exagerate.

AND YES like always Cybie gave excellent advice. Why I post here.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Diputs | 2012/01/11

You husband NEVER talks about how he feels!
Then how did you decide to get married and concieve a child......surely in the course of your relationship he has told you he feels hungry, cold, ill, randy etc?????
l think you mean he does not wish to discuss this subject with you.
CS will have good advice, but in future try to not exagerate when asking for advice.

Good Luck with the pregnancy, its a very exciting time.

Reply to Diputs