Question
Posted by: Duidelike Dave | 2011/08/29

Agomelatine / (Valdoxan, Melitor, Thymanax) for GAD

My psychiatrist said that this new drug would be a promising option for my flavour of mental problems. But from what she said it sounded like it wasn''t avalable in South Africa yet. Do you perhaps know if it is available and if so where? I would be more than willing to participate in a pilot group if there is something like that.

Dave

Haven't come across this one in SA. New drugs always seem marvellous ( especially if we can't get them ) because we only hear promising rumours, and haven't had the time to be disappointed by their reality. Its a bit like the latest computer game, which sounds so marvekllous until you actuall spend time playing it. Realisically it may be pretty good, but rarely as marvellouis as it sounded like before you got it.
Usually when a company is planning research with a potential new drug, they work with individual often academic shrinks in this country, who then recruit suitable people for drug trials, so maybe the chances are a bit better if one is seen by an acaemic at a medical school.

3
Posted by: Minx | 2011/09/07

it is availble from MKEM pharmacy 0219485706 - My Dr told me it will only be launched 09/09/2011, but I phoned them just now and their stock arrived yesterday, R360 for 28 tabs. Was prescribed for me to help me with my sleep.

Reply to Minx
Posted by: Gail | 2011/08/31

There is an article on the new drug on Health24. Just click on " Depression" 

Reply to Gail