Question
Posted by: sasa | 2012-03-22

Aging

I''v just turned 50 and I seem to be totally pre-occupied with my own death and feelings about dying and the fact that my life is now behind me - Hardly a day goes by without me gettng anxious about this fact - I even think about it before I sleep and get myself into a state - Is this at all normal - I know I should probably see a shrink about this but I have no medical aid

Oh, you young people ! I've known people in their 20's who decided, just as wrongly, that their life was behind them - it will be only if you insist that it must be so. It is not "normal", and certainly not wholesome or helpful, to think in this way, and may well indicate the growing presence of a Depression. Fortunately, this is a disorder which tends to respond well to treatment. A GP could be a useful starting point, and there should be psychiatric and psychological ( for counselling ) services available through your nearest medical school, and your nearest large state / provincial hospital, though they may take more waiting time to get what you need.
Don't neglect this, as you will be likely to do well with proper treatment, and can then discover how many good things lie ahead !

1