Question
Posted by: zara | 2009-08-24

ageing hands

i am a 26 year old indian woman. my problem is that my hands seem to be ageing very fast-they have become much darker than the rest of my body and they are startting to look wrinkled. my mum' s hands started looking this way from a young age aswell ao im worried about this. can you suggest any creams etc that i could use? ive been looking at sally hansen hand brightening cream but i dont want to spend so much on something that might not work. thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Zara, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the hands and then advice on the appropriate treatment regimen. From your description it seems that some form of pigmentory change is taking place and your first approach should be a good SPF – 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. I would also consider the NeoStrata Depigmenting Gel (at night), Renewal Cream, and the Brightening Cream SPF 15 (during the day). Furthermore I would add the NeoStrata Glycolic peeling regime to one’s protocol to further enhance the effects on the pigmentation and reducing the effect of the wrinkling.