Question
Posted by: VERNON | 2009-11-13

Aged skin

I am 67 yaers old, the problem I have is that i have extremely thin
skin across the bridge of my nose to the extent that it bleeds
every time I wash and dry my face, I have tried various over the counter ointments like Zambuck etc to no avail - please advise

Vernon

Thinning of the skin is caused by a lack of fibroblasts (cells that regenerate the thickness and integrity of the skin) and is linked to ageing, as well as the lesser function and production of certain hormones. I therefore, suggest that you consult your GP for a full examination and a hormone level test, as well as to consult a dermatologist for advice and treatment.