Posted by: B | 2009-08-06

My Cancer is still in remission. I was found to be clear in may and recently had my 3 month CT scan and it was clear, My next CT is in February. My hair has grown back much darker but my taste and smell havent returned and my hands and feet are still numb. I hope the Cancer doesnt ever come back I couldnt handle all that chemo again. I also have no Libido at all, even tho i know it does work, i just dont want it.

Expert ImageCancer survivors guest forum

Life after cancer takes a long time to return to normal. Dr often do not warn you about all the changes that happen, and it's hard to get your life back on track.

What you describe is very normal and often our loved ones do not understand that one feels down, without energy etc. They feel you should be grateful that you are ok and get on with life.
Easier said than done!

This is where a cancer survivor support group can be valuable, where you can talk to other people that have been through something similar and who understand your journey.

Survivorship needs planning, hard work and often some physiological intervention to assist you with this process.

Some tips :Set gaols Think of dreams you still have and make them come true.

Build your relationships with your family and loved ones

Let go of the past

Have more fun and laugh more

Do something creative

Give something of yourself to others

Make time to be quiet

Just to mention a few. I wish you could come to the Cancer survivor’s day in Cape Town on the 15 August at the His People auditorium at N1 city in Goodwood .

We hope to host the annual cancer survivors day from 9.30 am to 1pm, with a few celebrities and 2000 other cancer survivors.

This is presented free of charge and bookings can be made at 021-9494060 speak to Elodea during office hours .If you can come book your seat! Linda