Question
Posted by: sanet | 2011-05-13

afterlife

Don''t I''m a creepy person. What will happen to us after we die?

Its not creepy - all intelligent people think about this, at different times in their lives. And of course, almost by definition, there is no definite answer. It's a matter of belief and faith, not of scientific certainty.
Otherwise, Ruth sounds really accurate.

7
Posted by: at peace | 2011-05-15

Read John 3 verse 16 in the Bible
For God so loved the word (the greatest love for us) that He gave His only Son,(the greatest sacrifice, to die for us and was raised again after 3 days and lives today) that whoso ever believes in Him will not die, but will have eternal life (the greatest gift, with God, the body will die but our spirit lives on)

Hope Jesus will touch you with his love and show you the way,
hope you are doing ok.

Reply to at peace

Otherwise, Ruth sounds really accurate.

Posted by: lizard | 2011-05-13

there is a school of thought, that says in mortal life we go from level to level improving ourselves as we go through life, when you leave your mortal body your spirit is on the level of wherever you were at and you just carry on from there from level to level at your own time and choice untill eventually you reach the level of being with our creator out of choice and free will, so its entirely up to you what will happen to your spirit and where you will land up after you leave your mortal body

Reply to lizard
Posted by: Ruth | 2011-05-13

What will happen after we die?
After we die people who did not know us very well will say nice things.
Our loved ones will grieve but survive.
There will be a funeral.
Relatives will discuss how much money we left.
Friends will miss us for a while but will move on.
Life will go on without us....................

Reply to Ruth
Posted by: Maria | 2011-05-13

LOL @ Uiop - and if you vote DA you go straight to hell!

Sanet nobody really knows. Some people think that what they belief is the only possible truth but as qwery says, different people believes different things. For me it is more important to focus on the way we live our lives while we are here, then on what happens when we''re dead.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Uiop | 2011-05-13

I also believe in Jesus and the Bible but I struggle with the exclusivity clause in Christianity. It seems very bureacratic and is based on human reasoning not on a Divine rule that transcends our worldviews. Imagine a devout Budhist/Hindu/Moslem (and most of them are not bomb toting extremists) enters the pearly gates and the angel tells them " I''m sorry sir/madam but you did not accept JC as your saviour and you were not baptised so you will have to go to hell."  Its almost as bureacratic as saying " Im sorry sir/madam but you did not fill in the pink form with your afterlife application and we need the signature of a witness and a cancelled cheque before you can access Heaven" . Just my opinion but anyway if you vote ANC you will probably be ok as it will appease the angels and ancestors. > :)

Reply to Uiop
Posted by: qwerty | 2011-05-13

You won''t find one definitive answer by asking different people - it depends on your belief system.

As a Christian I believe we will spend eternity with God when we die - or in hell, if you haven''t accepted Jesus as your saviour.

Reply to qwerty