Posted by: Me85 | 2012-06-10

After the pill

My Girlfriend and I have been dating for 8 years. For the first 4 years our sex life was great. Then she went on the pill. This was great no more worries. Then changes started to happen. Lower sex drive and greater mood swings, now I knew this was because of the pill or side effect of the pill. After doing my own research.

I begged for two years for her to go off the pill. And finally she went off the pill. It’ s been great. Her mood has just been like it used to be. Much lighter and friendlier. Amazing difference.!!!!! She even noticed.

But the sex drive has not come back. I am 27 and she is 25 and we have sex probably once every 2 to 3 weeks and getting longer. How long will it take for her sex drive to come back, or is it gone for ever.
We have had hard talks about this before she went off the pill, and I was very blunt on asking are you still attracted to me. She swears blinding she is.
I really don''t try push her as I know pressure can kill the sex drive too.

We have been dating for a long time now. And I want to take the next step. But i am freaked out by the time I am 30 I will no longer be having sex. I am not a sex crazed person. But I really need it at least once a week. For physical and emotional part of a relationship.

Please HELP.

Dear Me85

When it comes to the sexual desire of a woman it is a fairly complex matter affected my quite a number of factors (biological, social, emotional, psychological, cultural, religious, other medical and pharmacological factors etc). There is a link between sexual desire and oral contraception for women being that many women do experience a decline in sexual desire or loss of libido.

As for the degree to which the pill is playing a role in the libido of your partner cannot be predicted or known.

I would suggest as a couple you consider a consultation with a sex therapist to assist you as a couple to better understand this issue.

Posted by: Women | 2012-06-11

Dating for eight yrs might be the reason, It not nice having sex with someone who won,t commite. Sometimes us women get discouraged these long years of dating and bonking with no comitment.

Thats just my 2cent

Reply to Women