Question
Posted by: zoom | 2010/10/13

after-meal fuzziness

I''ve just returned from a restaurant meal of quiche lorraine, tiny bit of salad, home-made gingerbeer and iced coffee, I feel sort of fuzzy and hot in my head and as if my eyes can''t focus properly, with a slight headache. Everything was very fresh- this isn''t food poisoning, but I can''t help feeling the meal made me feel like this. What was wrong with it?

Dear Zoom
It is difficult to say what could be making you feel fuzzy after a simple meal. If you have food poisoning you would start vomiting, have severe abdominal pain and diarrhoea. You may be experiencing an allergic reaction to one of the many ingredients in the meal you describe, but there is no way of telling which food or which ingredients are responsible. If this reaction should occur again, you may need to ask your doctor to send you for allergy tests to try and identify which food or foods are responsible for your symptoms and then avoid them in future. On the other hand you could be coming down with the current 'flu which causes similar symptoms to the ones you describe.
Hope you feel better

2

The home made gingerbeer can affect some people.

Dear Zoom
Hope you feel better