Posted by: Caron | 2009-03-15

After effects of Zoladex

In Nov I had my last Zoladex injection completing a 3 year corse. I am still on 20mg Neophedan daily. My problem is that I have started bleeding again and although it is very light, I have now been bleeding for 9 days.
Is this normal?
What is happening in my body?
When should I consult a gynae?
Does this mean that I have oestrogen in my body again and does it increase my risk of cancer?

The bleeding is most likely due to stopping the Zoladex. You will have oestrogen again. The relationship between oestrogen and cancer is complicated and, unless you have increased amounts, you would not be at higher risk for cancer. I don't know what you were using Zoladex for, so cannot comment on this.