Question
Posted by: Steven | 2011-09-29

After effects of stop smoking

I stopped smoking 3 months ago and my coughing of phlem from the lungs has not subsided at all. ( smoked 30/day for 30 odd years). How long will it take to get rid of the phlem?????. My GP has diagnosed chronic bronchitis. Is their anything that I could drink or take to slow down the coughing& mdash - especially at night?????

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Congratulations on stopping smoking - there is no question that was the most important step you could have taken to fight your bronchitis and boost your health generally. Even so it may take many months to see an improvement in symptoms.

There are certainly medications available to ease symptoms, both prescription and non-prescription, but your doctor should be the one to advise you on this and monitor your progress. You may also wish to post your question to CyberDoc or our Pharmacist.

1
Posted by: Nomonde | 2011-11-15

How do I help my husband to stop smoking ?

Reply to Nomonde