Question
Posted by: Elle | 2011/05/07

After-effects of laparoscopy

I had a laparoscopy in February, according to my gynae he had quite a lot of cleaning up to do. He found endometriosis had anchored my ovary to the pelvic wall, he also found endometriosis behind the pouch of douglas.

Long term treatment means that I am now on Yasmin.

My problem is that I''ve become emotional to the point that it''s ruining my home life. I am irritable with everyone, all of the time, I have trouble sleeping, and I''m emotionally agressive. I am also experiencing night sweats, and have trouble concentrating. I am anxious all the time as well.

My moods change without warning, and it''s getting harder to control. I feel like this all the time, and it gets worse the week before my period. Could this be a side effect of Yasmin?

Possibly, but are there not any stress factors in your life which might be causing this?

2
Posted by: Elle | 2011/05/21

I do have a very stressful homelife, but I''ve stopped taking the Yasmin (not clever I know) but I feel so much better. I''m scheduled to have another op next year and will speak to my doc about side effects

Reply to Elle