Question
Posted by: Angie | 2012/02/07

After Dinner Snacks

Hi Doc,

I tend to feel a bit peckish in the evenings, and was wondering what are the best evening snacks to have that will not put weight back on?

Thanks Doc

Dear Angie
If you feel peckish after supper, you could have moderate servings of the following: unbuttered popcorn (30g), or fresh vegetables such as celery, baby tomatoes, carrot sticks, etc, or 1-2 Pro-Vita with Marmite or have a glass of warm fat-free or low-fat milk before retiring so that you satisfy your hunger pangs and sleep well too. The tryptophan (an amino acid) in the milk helps promote sleep.
Enjoy

2
Posted by: Lee | 2012/02/08

Dear Angie
It all depends on what you feel peckish for.I usually feel peckish for cake or biscuits or even just jam amd bread. What has helped me is to eat only protein and veg for supper and then have my carb - a slice of seedlaof wiht raisins or marmalade - with tea after supper. Also rice cakes wiht carob helps my sweet craving.

Reply to Lee

Dear Angie
Enjoy