Question
Posted by: D | 2011-09-10

After birth

Hi doc,

I''m 27yrs, on monday the 05th Sept I gave birth naturally no tear to a 3.2kg little gal, labor took 4hours and I was fine after delivery, came home on Wednesday.

Now in the early hours today around 4am suddenly I''m shivering, feeling cold, headache, whole body pains....I woke up n wore warm clothes took Mypaid pain pills got from the hospital. I managed to be warm n slept but when I woke I was wet from the sweat. I was fine

Around 11am again it started again all the symptoms above with the dizziness this time, again I did what I did above after an hour or so I was feeling hot then I was fine

Again at about 5pm it all started again. Its now almost 10pm I haven''t felt better.

My bleeding is fine, what could be wrong? Or is it just the side effects of labor?

The symptoms that you are experiencing are definately a sign that there is something wrong. It can be due to an infection but you will have to consult a doctor for an examination and tests to determine the cause.

Please do not hesitate and seek help as soon as possible.