Posted by: Zero | 2009-06-12

After antibiotics

Doc, I have previously sent a question (#3192). I had a very heavy period every 2wks.

I have since gone to the clinic and they gave me antibiotics as well as contraceptives.

After the antibiotics course I have severe stomach cramps, painful wind (I fart a lot), vaginal thrush as well as an occasional gushing white liquid from my vagina (e.g. after I pee I' ve learnt to wait for it, else I will have wet panties). I am now taking probiotics and contraceptives . What is happening?

Thrush can be a complication of antibiotics and can be treated with Canesten. Some antibiotics have side effectson the stomach, but these should not lat after you have finished the course. I am not sure what the fluid is. From your description it may be urine. I would suggest that you see a doctor.