Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2011-02-17

after abdominal scan

I went for an abdominal ultrasound as it was suspected that my gallbladder was inflamed due to pain on right side under ribcage. Accompanying symptoms thought to be IBS were heartburn, nausea, diarrhea, flatulence and mucus in stool. The ultrasound came back clear. However while the heartburn has subsided, the toilet issues have not and I still get that pain on my right...it could be my imagination but it seems to be a bit more central these days.
The ultrasound technician could not see my stomach, so should I go for an additional test now to rule out ulcers, stomach cancer etc?

Hi Charlotte
Yes, I agree with you, and I suggest you see a gastroenterologist for further tests. They need to send a stool sample to the lab to exclude parasite infection, and may need to do a colonoscopy or gastroscopy to see if there are ulcers in the intestines.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-18

Hi Charlotte
dr Bets