Question

Afrodisiac

Hello Doctor

I have a funny question. My gf and I ate sushi last night. i don' t like it but she' s a fan and i thought I can spoil her. Later on, when we had sex, we both experienced everything to be more intense and just better, nicer. Is sushi an afrodisiac? We had prawns and crab stick california rolls.

Dear Aphrodisiac
It is possible that eating seafood which is rich in protein, zinc and iodine may have stimulating properties. However you probably also had soy sauce which contains the amino acid glutamine which is also a neurostimulant. Then again you may have been more relaxed after an enjoyable meal and that could have contributed to your enjoyment of sex. Another factor is that sushi is a light meal that does not make you feel sluggish afterwards. Generally speaking most dietary aphrodisiacs tend to act via the brain and autosuggestion, rather than by direct chemical stimulus.
Enjoy